After weeks of glorious sunshine but almost no snowfall, the heavens opened last night, and Verbier awoke to a fresh dump of 30cm of snow this morning. At the top of town, there’s even more, closer to 40cm. This means that up the mountain there’s a very good chance we’re looking at half a metre of powder!
Such a large snowfall so late in the season means that we’re very likely now to have good snow until the current closing date on April 28th. The forecasts are also saying that we could see another 10-20cm accumulate throughout the day and night, and with the weather looking to be clear tomorrow, we could be in for an epic few days.
More Verbier Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Verbier
- Swiss ski areas close early in 2020 due to COVID-19
- The Verbier Valley is covered in fresh powder
- Verbier Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Verbier in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Winter has come back to Verbier with lots of snow