After a couple of days of unseasonably warm temperatures, the snow started falling in the Verbier Valley on Tuesday at around noon.
What began as light snow, drifting because of the wind, became heavier as the evening came and it continued dumping it down throughout the night. There are now around 15cm of fresh snow at the bottom of the valley and 20cm at the top of the slopes.
The forecast is suggesting that it will be sunny in the foreseeable future, with low temperatures and perhaps some more snow coming on Monday, so these are set to be some of the best skiing days of the season so far.
More Verbier Insights...
- Roger Federer holidaying in Verbier this summer
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Verbier
- Swiss ski areas close early in 2020 due to COVID-19
- The Verbier Valley is covered in fresh powder
- Verbier Dump Alert - 6th March 2020