And the prize for the snowiest month of the season goes to... March! So far, it's snowed pretty much every day in Verbier since the last week of February.
Just like we predicted in our last dump alert, Monday saw around 40cm of fresh snow on the higher slopes and 20cm in the valley, taking the total of fresh snow over the weekend to around 1 metre. Tuesday and Wednesday were sunny but the snow returned on Thursday.
On Friday morning, we woke up to around 40cm of fresh snow on the slopes. Many lifts have suffered from delayed openings while others are closed for the day. The avalanche risk has risen to 3/5 and the local avalanche bulletin has warned of a very unstable snowpack due to the combination of wind, snowfall and rain, so stay safe out there!
A dusting of snow is on the forecast today and on Saturday while Sunday will be sunny. There's another snowstorm coming on Sunday night and Monday, with around 20cm expected to fall again which will be complemented by another 10cm on Tuesday. The skies will remain blue for the rest of the week.
More Verbier Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Verbier
- Swiss ski areas close early in 2020 due to COVID-19
- The Verbier Valley is covered in fresh powder
- Verbier Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Verbier in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do