If you have a sprain, strain or bruise from a ski injury you can start the R.I.C.E program to help with your recovery.
- Rest injured tissues must have a period of rest to heal
- Ice 10 minutes frequently is better than 1 long application
- Compression with a moderately firm bandage to control swelling
- Elevate the injured part to help drainage and reduce swelling
Physiotherapy and massage can help in the acute stages of an injury; protective strapping and advice regarding exercise will help you return to activity. You may then be given advice and exercise to help you avoid similar problems in the future.
Massage can help you recover and relax after exercise and promote healing following soft tissue injury.
See our selection of Verbier spas to find a sports massage near you.
More Verbier Insights...
- Verbier Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- Verbier opens early for the 2020/21 ski season
- Roger Federer holidaying in Verbier this summer
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Verbier
- Swiss ski areas close early in 2020 due to COVID-19