This lovely little ski area can be found across the valley from Verbier in the Val de Bagnes.
The ski terrain in Bruson varies from 1,080m to 2,445m and offers 44km of pistes accessed by the main gondola from Le Chable, two drag lifts and a chairlift (see the piste maps). Comprised of 5 blues pistes, 6 red pistes, 1 black piste and 11km of cross-country tracks. It's a great place for beginners and intermediate skiers.
Bruson is a great place to head in bad weather. Given its low altitude, 95% of its terrain is tree-lined which means that even in foggy conditions, you can actually see something. This ski area can be also an off-piste haven, with the trees offering some great runs that don't get tracked out as quickly as the main Verbier ski area.
If you're staying in Verbier, getting over to Bruson is a little bit time-consuming but well worth the effort. From Verbier, download on the gondola to Le Châble, where you can take the Bruson lift directly up to the mid-station in Bruson. From Medran the journey takes around 20 mins.
More Verbier Insights...
- Verbier Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- Verbier opens early for the 2020/21 ski season
- Roger Federer holidaying in Verbier this summer
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Verbier
- Swiss ski areas close early in 2020 due to COVID-19