Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, many have decided not to leave their own countries this summer and it looks like Roger Federer is one of them. The Basel-born, 20 times Grand-Slam winner has been seen walking the streets of Verbier this week.
On Saturday, he was spotted wandering around the glamorous town of Verbier, taking in the fresh mountain air. On Sunday, he went for a hike around the stunning Val de Bagnes, which boasts a whole host of routes for walkers and bikers. He even had time for some training at Verbier's fully equipped sports centre.
Federer's famous for being very considerate with his fans and, true to his reputation, he was happy to pose for photos with the many who recognised him. After a promising start of the season, the Swiss champion has been suffering from a knee injury. That, coupled with the COVID-19 crisis, has seen him withdraw from this year's US Open, which he has won five consecutive times.
More Verbier Insights...
- Verbier Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- Verbier opens early for the 2020/21 ski season
- Roger Federer holidaying in Verbier this summer
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Verbier
- Swiss ski areas close early in 2020 due to COVID-19