Crossing 6 valleys for a total distance of 125kms and a positive vertical gain of 5000m, the Grand Raid is effectively the longest single leg mountain bike race in the world.
AN average of 2500 participants test their strength and endurance as they set off bright and early at dawn from Verbier’s Place Central. They then race against the clock through various “cut-off” checkpoints strategically situated along the course which eventually takes them all the way to Grimentz, later that day.
There's a smaller race for children to get involved in too. There will be a village set-up of stands and tents of all things mountain-bike, as well as other entertainment throughout the day.
Visit the website for more information via the link on this page.
More Verbier Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Verbier
- Swiss ski areas close early in 2020 due to COVID-19
- The Verbier Valley is covered in fresh powder
- Verbier Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Verbier in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do