This new facility was inaugurated September 12, 2015 and cost a total of 619,000 Swiss francs. Not only a concrete skate bowl the area also includes a street area, a play area for younger children and a pumptrack.
Construction for this exciting project took less than a year and it has already been dubbed ~the most beautiful skate park in western Switzerland". Situated beside the new gymnasium in Bagnes, just along the road from Le Chable, the outdoor facilities complement this all encompassing sports area.
The concrete skate bowl has two sections and varies in height from 1m40 to 1m90. The pumptrack was designed by the creator of the downhill mountain biking trails in Verbier so you can be sure that they know what they're doing!
To check out some footage of the opening day, have a look at their Facebook page here.
More Verbier Insights...
- Verbier Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- Verbier opens early for the 2020/21 ski season
- Roger Federer holidaying in Verbier this summer
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Verbier
- Swiss ski areas close early in 2020 due to COVID-19