Since 1891, the 1st of August has been celebrated as Swiss National Day and is a is national holiday in Switzerland.
The date is inspired by the date of the Federal Charter of 1291, a historic alliance concluded in 1291 by the three cantons of Uri, Schwyz and Unterwalden.
Swiss National Day is normally celebrated in Verbier with a concert and fireworks in the evening.
More Verbier Insights...
- Roger Federer holidaying in Verbier this summer
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Verbier
- Swiss ski areas close early in 2020 due to COVID-19
- The Verbier Valley is covered in fresh powder
- Verbier Dump Alert - 6th March 2020