After a long spell of warm and sunny weather, and with the season coming to a close, we thought our powder days were all but over for the season. However, after a sudden dump of 50cm over last weekend here in Verbier, we’ve been treated to some excellent late season conditions.
I managed to get out early in the morning to enjoy the half meter of fresh powder straight after it had fallen, and headed straight for the trees and ridge line above Tortin and Col des Mouche. In places you could feel a slight crusty layer underneath the fresh snow, but for the most part this was proper, deep and amazing powder. It honestly reminded me of some of the epic conditions we experienced back in January.
More Verbier Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Verbier
- Swiss ski areas close early in 2020 due to COVID-19
- The Verbier Valley is covered in fresh powder
- Verbier Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Verbier in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do