Today, the Swiss government announced their strategy to fight coronavirus and it includes closing all of the ski areas. This affects Verbier and the 4 Vallées, which will be closed from now until the end of the season. This measure has been put in place to comply with the ban of any gathering of more than 100 people.
Verbier will reopen for the summer season in late June or early July. Summer is a wonderful time to come to the Swiss Alps, as there are plenty of things to do. The green, blossoming Alpine meadows and high snow-capped peaks are the ideal spots to practise mountain biking, hiking, climbing and mountaineering, or just to relax and enjoy the fresh air.
We'll see you in the summer!
More Verbier Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Verbier
- Swiss ski areas close early in 2020 due to COVID-19
- The Verbier Valley is covered in fresh powder
- Verbier Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Verbier in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do