Christmas and New Year week in Verbier are two of the busiest weeks of the year in Verbier but as soon as the dust settles into January, the town and slopes go quiet.
This year we have fortunately seen incredible snowfall since November, so Verbier has already been liberally coated in the white stuff, with fantastic Christmas and New Year’s weeks as a result. However, January generally brings a huge quantity of snow, leading to powder days galore. Furthermore, there are a few exceptional events happening throughout the month that keep skiers and snowboarders occupied when not shredding the snow.
More Verbier Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Verbier
- Swiss ski areas close early in 2020 due to COVID-19
- The Verbier Valley is covered in fresh powder
- Verbier Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Verbier in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do